Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Read Any Good Books?

Hey, what's every one reading? I just finished 1776 by David McCullough. It was excellent. It gave real insight into the first year of the Revolution and confirmed my belief in Devine intervention in the creation of our country. George Washington was truly a great, yet humble man who made mistakes but learned from them and never faltered in his belief in the Cause. We don't seem to study much detail about the actual struggle to win independence after the Declaration was signed. This book really helped bring the sacrifices of our forefathers into sharp relief. I enjoyed it very much.

Now I'm reading the "Arizona Reads" selection for 2008: These is my Words by Nancy E. Turner. It's the first in a trilogy on the life of Sarah Agnes Prine 1881-1901 in the Arizona Territories.

Let us know what you are reading and your impressions of what you've read!

2 comments:

You Can Do It!! said...

First of all I would so rather watch a video. But my friend is trying to get me to read so she gave me sleeping with fear. I will let you know how that is.

Jennifer

obsessed blogger said...

I have read the Twilight book and now I am in the middle of New Moon the second book. Oh My Goodness. I am not a reader but I can't put the book down. My poor family is suffering because of it.